February 23rd, 2022
12:00 pm ET
Yoga is a great way to strengthen both the body and the brain. In addition to its stress-relieving benefits, yoga can improve balance, flexibility and posture, and encourage mindfulness. Incorporating yoga into clinical settings can address a wide range of challenges for individuals with neurological conditions by helping to improve cognition, emotional regulation and physical abilities.
After this 60-minute webinar you will be able to:
This presentation offers one hour of CEU accreditation from CCMC and CRC.
- Discover what yoga is and its components
- Describe benefits of yoga for individuals with brain injury
- Apply modifications for breathing and meditation techniques for the neurologic population
- Recognize precautions, contraindications and modifications for physical postures for the neurologic population
- Discover evidence for the use of yoga in clinical settings and current limitations
Dr. Amanda Wu
PT, DPT, CBIS, CYT
Board Certified in Neurologic Physical Therapy